Fieldbook lets anyone create a simple tracking database, as easily as a spreadsheet:
"html": "<iframe class=\"embedly-embed\" src=\"//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?src=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fembed%2FQw5f6Qptufc%3Ffeature%3Doembed&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQw5f6Qptufc%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FQw5f6Qptufc%2Fhqdefault.jpg&key=02466f963b9b4bb8845a05b53d3235d7&type=text%2Fhtml&schema=youtube\" width=\"854\" height=\"480\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\" allowfullscreen></iframe>",
"title": "Fieldbook intro",
"title": "What is Fieldbook good for?"
If you're frustrated with using a spreadsheet to track lists, Fieldbook is the tool for the job.
Users have had success with using Fieldbook:
* To track [professional service work](https://medium.com/@fieldbook/continuum-analytics-manages-professional-service-work-with-fieldbook-a0ecfeb617a5)
* [As a lightweight CRM](https://medium.com/@fieldbook/data-analysis-tracks-sales-leads-in-fieldbook-696be751f693#1b1b) for a distributed sales team
* To track work items for product development
* For product roadmap planning
* To schedule usability tests
* To manage a recruiting pipeline
* To track custom workflows and business processes
For more examples of how to use Fieldbook, see our [templates](https://fieldbook.com/templates).
"title": "How is Fieldbook different from a spreadsheet?"
Fieldbook is meant for tracking lists, unlike spreadsheets (which are optimized for accounting and finance). So things that are frustrating in spreadsheets, are a joy in Fieldbook:
* Fieldbook has a grouped view that is perfect for [tracking a workflow or pipeline](doc:track-a-workflow)
* Each row in Fieldbook can be viewed in a full-screen detail page, where you can [add as much detail as needed](doc:add-detail).
* You can easily [search, sort and filter](doc:focus-on-relevant-items)—and save those views to get back to later with one click, or to share with your team.
* You can [link sheets](doc:go-beyond-the-grid) so that it's easy to view and edit related items—such as all the tasks assigned to a person or all the contacts for a company.
"title": "Start exploring"
Begin with the first tutorial: [Track a workflow](doc:track-a-workflow)